Craft lesson: crochet a flower video tutorial

how to crochet a flower video tutorial

One thing I love about crocheting is that there are so many ways you can use it to create embellishments. From decorative edging to flowers, you can dress up a t-shirt or a scrapbook page with your hook and just a little yarn. Lately I've been obsessed with crocheting little flowers--maybe because they're so quick and satisfying! I altered a few other flowers I'd tried and came up with my favorite 5-petal flower pattern. I'm sure I didn't invent it, but it came about for me by trial and error and it turns out cute with almost any kind of yarn. Here are a few items I've made recently with flowers.


If you want to make your own, we've made a short video tutorial to show you just how to do it. I'm a visual learner, so I know some of you out there just need to see it done once to figure it out. Check it out, then find the written pattern below. WARNING: This is not a general crochet lesson. You'll need to know how to do a few basic stitches to complete a flower.


It's a bigger picture, but the picture and sound quality aren't as good.

Mandy's Favorite 5-Petal Flower Pattern

Materials:
Any size hook (depending on what size flower you want)
Any weight yarn

Rnd 1: Ch 5, join into a ring w/sl st in 1st ch.
Rnd 2: Ch 3 (counts as first dc), work 9dc in ring, join to top of ch w/sl st -- 10 sts.
Rnd 3: **Ch 2, work 3dc in next st, ch 2, sl st in next st** five times. Fasten off.

For a different color center, try changing yarn colors after round 2. Experiment with different weight yarns and hook sizes. To layer a slightly smaller flower on top, go down one hook size from larger flower.

 
littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Xteen handmade : Xteen hand made | sách đan móc | crochet
Copyright © 2011. xteen handmade - All Rights Reserved
Chúng tôi chuyên Mua bán đồ hand made Mua bán nguyên phụ liệu hand made Cảm ơn các bạn ghé qua
Chúng tôi luôn chào đón bạn cùng niềm đam mê hand made