Gift presents for a little princess: Shirred Shirt Tutorial, kids craft ideas


 Gift presents for a little princess:  Shirred Shirt Tutorial,  kids craft ideas
 
Here is a tutorial for the shirred girl's shirt I made last week.  I used jersey knit for both.
I used an existing shirt with an a-line shape as a template.  Fold it in half.  

Cut around the outside of the template, leaving generous seam allowance and wider arms.   Cut the neck opening wider than a standard tshirt (the shirring later will shrink it up).
You will need two of these, exactly the same:
Unfold them and you'll have two of these.  Lay the front over the back, right sides together.
Sew the seams closed from the armpit to the bottom hem and along the top from the neck to the sleeve.  (Remember to leave a wide neck opening).
Below is my unfinished neck opening.  Turn shirt right side out and press the seams. 
First, I used my serger to do a rolled hem around the neck opening.  This stretched it out even more, giving it a lettuce edge.  If you don't have a serger, you could tightly zigzag it.
Wind elastic thread around your bobbin loosely.  Leave regular thread in the top of your machine.  Do two or three rows of stitching to shirr the neck.
Next I did a rolled hem on the bottom.  This is kind of cute.  I could've stopped here.
I did four rows of shirring around the bottom.
This is the view from the inside of the shirt.
Finally, I finished off the sleeves with a couple of shirred rows.  On my first tshirt, I left them straight.
 
Source: sewingdork.blogspot.com
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Xteen handmade : Xteen hand made | sách đan móc | crochet
Copyright © 2011. xteen handmade - All Rights Reserved
Chúng tôi chuyên Mua bán đồ hand made Mua bán nguyên phụ liệu hand made Cảm ơn các bạn ghé qua
Chúng tôi luôn chào đón bạn cùng niềm đam mê hand made