Recycling paper for kids: Chicka Chicka Boom Boom-ABC Kid’s Craft

 
Recycling paper for kids: Chicka Chicka Boom Boom-ABC Kid’s Craft



I LOVE Children’s books.  I collect them and get excited about buying them just like most ladies feel about shoes.  I never feel guily about buying them either.  One of my favoirte ABC’s children’s books is Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin, Jr. & John Archambault.  I teach preschool and it was our theme for the year.  I can’t think of a more catchy, fun book for kids-they LOVE it!  My own kiddos have it memorized and I love to hear them read it.  This book makes learning the ABC’s fun!

I even have a huge Coconut tree painted on my wall in honor of the book and we add letters to it as we learn each one.
Today I’d love to start a little “Book Nook” if you will.  I would love to share my favorite children’s books with you and fun activities to go with them…so here is the first one and stay tuned for more in the future. 
After you read this story to your little ones, sing the song, and talk about the book…here are a few fun activities to do!
Mini “Chicka Chicka Boom Boom” Trees:
Supplies you will need:
-Toilet Paper Rolls (these are great for so many kid crafts-If you’d like a taller tree, use a paper towel roll:)
-Brown and green cardstock or construction paper
-glue
-Letter stickers or Foam sticker letters
-Scissors
-Palm pattern
To make the mini trees:
First: Cut your brown paper to the length of the toilet paper roll and glue around the roll
Second:  Cut out the palm tree leaves and glue on the top of the rolls (standing up)  3 per tree.  You may have to help your little one with these steps.
Third:  Add LETTER stickers or foam letter stickers to your tree!  The kids love this part!



Now your kiddo has their very own Chicka Chicka Boom Boom tree to display!
And now for a fun “Chicka Chicka Boom Boom” snack idea to celebrate the book!
What you need:
-Green apple slices for the palms
-Whopper candy for the Coconuts
-Graham Crackers or Chocolate Wafters for the tree trunk
-Alphabit Cereal for the letters
Have your child build their tree and add letters to their “Tasty Tree” like the story did.  They can walk the letters up as you read the story!  Very fun treat idea to celebrate the book!
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Xteen handmade : Xteen hand made | sách đan móc | crochet
Copyright © 2011. xteen handmade - All Rights Reserved
Chúng tôi chuyên Mua bán đồ hand made Mua bán nguyên phụ liệu hand made Cảm ơn các bạn ghé qua
Chúng tôi luôn chào đón bạn cùng niềm đam mê hand made