Crafts for home decor: Lamp Revamp tutoriral

 

Lamp Revamp

What can I say......this lamp is UGLY!!! Does it not scream thrift store 70's special! I am sure you have all seen something like this at your grandmas back in the day.  But for $5 I thought I would take it home...hey it worked and we all know a little spray paint can go along way!
But that shade had to go it not only had the look, but the smell of the 70's!....... I was not going to be putting that on my bedside table!


I found this new shade for $1 it was a nice shade but just not the look I was going for.

After washing and sanding down the base, I sprayed it with Krylon in brushed metal.  I ripped a part the shade and added some ivory polyester fabric.  I cut out leaf shapes and frayed the edges then I started attaching them to the shade to look like flowers, I like how it gives it some texture.  It's a little hard to see the detail in this picture ....again my photography stills are lacking.


You can see the detail a little better when it's all lit up.  I didn't expect it to look like this when turned on, but its kind of neat.  It's a little small for the scale of my large bed, it will be going in the guest room.  But not bad for $6 (I had the fabric and paint).

Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Xteen handmade : Xteen hand made | sách đan móc | crochet
Copyright © 2011. xteen handmade - All Rights Reserved
Chúng tôi chuyên Mua bán đồ hand made Mua bán nguyên phụ liệu hand made Cảm ơn các bạn ghé qua
Chúng tôi luôn chào đón bạn cùng niềm đam mê hand made